The Government Relations team of DeWitt Ross & Stevens is the largest lobbying group in Wisconsin. No other law firm or business organization has a group our size. Because we are located directly on Madison’s Capitol Square, many of our clients strategize with our lobbyists and later head to the Capitol for meetings with legislators and other key policymakers.
Being the largest lobbying group in Wisconsin provides:
- unmatched relationships with legislators and bureaucrats;
- significant depth in “bench” strength needed for large projects;
- public relations consulting by experienced PR professionals in house at DeWitt Ross & Stevens S.C.;
- unmatched experience in working with Wisconsin state agencies; and
- substantial experience in working with Wisconsin's Congressional delegation in Washington D.C.
The successful management and approach to specific issues our clients face is unique depending on the particular circumstance. Winning often depends on a precise combination of ethics, constituency involvement and political and media action. Equally important are the merits of the arguments in favor of our client’s position and persistence in the presentation of the client's case to policymakers. By assembling our resources and combining forces with our clients, we constantly strive to achieve favorable outcomes on behalf of our clients.
Because of the substantial lobbying experience our team has, we frequently interact with the Governor’s office, virtually all state agencies, the 33 members of the Wisconsin State Senate, 99 members of the State Assembly, Wisconsin’s 2 U.S. Senators and 8 members of the House of Representatives.
Representative issues we've successfully won for our clients include: