Andrew leverages a unique combination of legal and tax accounting skills to provide clients with actionable business-oriented solutions to legal questions. Andrew counsels clients on a wide variety of employee benefits issues, including employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), health and welfare plans, qualified retirement plans, and non-qualified deferred compensation plans. Andrew’s tax experience covers business income tax, sales and use tax, and employment tax compliance.
While focusing his practice in the areas of employee benefits and tax, Andrew also has experience advising clients on labor and employment matters. Andrew particularly enjoys the challenge of tracking down answers to questions that don’t fit neatly in any one particular practice area.
Andrew’s practice serves a wide variety of clients, ranging from large corporations to small family-owned businesses. Andrew has specialized experience in the employee benefit issues affecting school districts and municipalities.
Articles & Presentations
- “State-Based Retirement Initiatives and Multiple Employer Plans,” Madison Benefits Council, December 2016
- “So You Don’t Think You Practice Tax Law? The Attorney’s Professional Responsibilities in Tax Matters,” DeWitt Ross & Stevens Ethics Seminar, October 2016
- “ESCA Poll Shows Bipartisan Support for Employee Ownership,” ESOP Law Blog, September 2016
- “Bill Seeks to Close Wage Gaps By Prohibiting Salary History Inquiries,” Employment Law Blog, September 2016
- “Missouri Looks to Boost Business With ESOP Bill,” ESOP Law Blog, June 2016
- “Forbes.com Kicks Off New ESOP-Focused Blog,” ESOP Law Blog, May 2016
- “Did We Shake on That? – Seventh Circuit Enforces Handwritten Settlement Agreement,” Employment Law Blog, May 2016
- “Safe Harbor Plans and Recent Guidance on Mid-Year Changes,” Madison Benefits Council, April 2016
- “2016 Employee Benefit Update,” April 2016
- “How to Pass on the Family Business (… Without Getting Killed on Taxes),” University of Wisconsin Family Business Center, “Food for Thought” Series, March 2016
- “NCEO Reports on the State of the ESOP,” ESOP Law Blog, January 2016
- “Birth of the ‘LLC’SOP?,” ESOP Law Blog, December 2015