Jim brings more than 35 years of experience to DeWitt. He focuses his practice on mediation, civil litigation, labor and employment law, criminal defense, ethics issues and contracts. In addition, Jim has extensive experience in personal injury claims and personal injury defense, as well as product liability and insurance disputes.
Jim has prosecuted and defended claims in federal, state and administrative trial and appellate courts, as well as in arbitration proceedings. He represents individuals, small to medium businesses, large corporations, and governmental bodies, including public officials. He has also served as an expert related to attorney services, conduct and fees. His strengths lie in the diversity, depth and experience of his practice.
Awards and Recognitions
- Speaker 2017 Ethics Seminar - DeWitt Ross & Stevens S.C.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Fellow of the Wisconsin Law Foundation
- Recognized as a Wisconsin Law & Politics "Super Lawyer" 2005, 2011-2012
- Legal Aid Society Award for Trial Defense of Indigents in Milwaukee County
- Volunteer Award as Member of Grievance Committee for Board of Professional Responsibility of State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Senior Olympics Hall of Fame