Eli is an attorney in DeWitt Ross & Stevens’ litigation and intellectual property groups. He is experienced in litigating patent, trademark, and copyright cases in courts around the country. Eli has regularly litigated cases in California federal courts, and has experience handling cases in the patent-heavy dockets of the Eastern District of Texas and the Western District of Wisconsin. In addition to his intellectual property work, Eli has successfully represented clients in environmental remediation litigation, commercial disputes, professional malpractice actions, and personal injury litigation.
Eli is focused on providing cost-effective and timely results for his clients. He is experienced in resolving cases through settlement, mediation, arbitration, motion practice, and trial. Eli has served as lead counsel in multiple jury trials, achieving significant successes for his clients.
Before joining DeWitt Ross & Stevens, Eli practiced for a number of years at two prominent civil litigation firms in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area. Prior to that, Eli spent a year serving as judicial clerk to the Honorable Judge Janice R. Wilson in Portland. Eli graduated with honors from the University of Texas at Austin and obtained his law degree from the University of Oregon School of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Oregon Review of International Law and was a member of the Moot Court Board.
Eli also serves as an instructor for the University of Wisconsin Law School’s Pre-Trial Advocacy Seminar.
- Obtained directed verdict for veterinarian in professional malpractice jury trial.
- Obtained favorable jury verdict for motor vehicle driver.
- Prepared and argued motion for summary judgment in legal malpractice case, resulting in dismissal of all claims against an attorney.
- Prepared motion for summary judgment in multi-million dollar catastrophic injury case, resulting in dismissal of all claims against a logging company.
- Prepared and argued multiple successful motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment on behalf of physicians and medical clinics.
Articles and Presentations
- Presenter: “Bluster, Bluffs and Best Practices: Legal Ethics in Settlement Negotiations,” DeWitt Ross & Stevens Annual Ethics Seminar, October 2016.
- Co-Presenter: “Going Through the Motions: Wisconsin Pretrial Advocacy,” Wisconsin State Bar PINNACLE, January 2015.
- Defining the Injury: Examining the Production of Medical Records in Oregon, Feature Article, The Verdict, OADC Magazine, Summer 2011