As the son of small business owners, Greg understands the intricacies involved in operating a business. He learned about issues facing businesses through discussion at the dinner table and by working in the business. For more than 30 years Greg has worked with businesses, large and small, and business owners, counseling them on business and personal financial matters, commercial transactions, litigation and estate planning. He draws upon his law, accounting and business administration degrees, as well as his experience working for a large manufacturing company, when counseling his clients.
Greg counsels a very diverse group of clients, including manufacturing companies, financial services companies, medical and dental practices. He has an extensive list of clients in veterinary medicine and works with veterinarians throughout the state, particularly on out-of-the ordinary transactions such as ownership transitions and employment matters.
Greg has recently been involved in representing clients in the following types of matters:
- Purchases and sales of businesses and professional practices ranging in size from under $1 million to more than $50 million.
- Assisting major corporations with acquisitions and divestitures of subsidiaries with operations in Wisconsin, as well as with the operations of the subsidiary after an acquisition.
- Acting as independent general counsel for local and regional businesses (including many family businesses) and professional practices in all phases of the business.
- Representing business owners in resolving management and ownership disputes.
- Acquisitions, sales and financings of commercial and agricultural real estate, including tax deferred exchanges.
- Estate planning, including estates presenting significant estate tax exposure and unique family situations.
Articles / Presentations
- Regular contributor of articles for the Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association monthly newsletter.
- Frequent presenter at Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association Practice Management Institute.
- Regular presenter at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine.