Jascha represents clients in a variety of areas ranging from obtaining and licensing complex intellectual property rights to business transactions. He actively collaborates with clients to understand their technology and assists them with identifying the best means of securing and then licensing their intellectual property. He has substantial experience negotiating intricate licensing transactions in software, information technology and data rights.
Jascha has extensive experience with data rights and licensing and has represented his clients in transactions with major corporations such as Google, Bing, Amazon.com, Sears, eBay, Autozone, Home Depot, Buy.com, Harley Davidson, O’Reilly Automotive, Overstock.com and Shopzilla.
Jascha represents clients serving a range of business and intellectual property needs, including, contract preparation and negotiation, copyright and trademark prosecution and maintenance and complex licensing transaction. Recent clients include Edgenet, Inc. and Smart Innovations, LLC.
"I have had the personal pleasure of working with Jascha Walter since 2003. Jascha has helped our company, Nexstar, with a wide range of general business needs including commercial contracts, leases and most often with safeguarding our intellectual property rights (e.g., registering and protecting copyrights and trademarks). Jascha also serves as our primary general business counsel for our separate non-profit foundation, The Nexstar Legacy Foundation, that we formed for educational and charitable purposes. I have always found Jascha to be a true professional who is highly responsive to our business needs. I highly recommend Jascha Walter for your general counsel needs." - Greg Niemi, President/CEO, Nexstar, Inc.
“I have been lucky to have worked with Jascha for several years. His knowledge and experience in business, technology, contract negotiations, and intellectual property protection are second to none. If you’re a technology based company and looking to work with someone who will truly understands the unique needs of this industry I highly recommend Jascha Walter.” - Jason Brethorst, President/CEO, More Than Rewards
- Served as lead counsel representing technology service providers preparing and negotiating contracts with Google, Microsoft, eBay and Amazon.com.
- Represented a software developer and service provider in contract negotiation with Harley Davidson.
- Represented a designer in negotiations for placement and use of artwork in a nationally best selling business book.
- Represented a paper and filtration manufacturer in the preparation and negotiation of Non-Disclosure and business contracts.
- Represented a food distributor in preparing and negotiations contracts establishing a supplier distribution network.
- "So You’ve Been Trained to Write Like a Lawyer… Now Please Stop" (presentation on legal writing style 2011)
- "We Have an Agreement…. Right?" (presentation on the enforceability of online agreements 2010)
- "Intellectual Property for Solo and Small Firm Practitioners" (presentation on establishing and protecting intellectual property rights 2009)