After experiencing many Wisconsin legislative sessions, working as an insider on state budgets and challenging elections, Jodi has a unique understanding of how public policy is made. She applies that practical knowledge, and her relationships to win for her clients.
Jodi knows how decisions are made and who makes them, and how to make sure her clients successfully influence those decisions. She has played diverse roles in the policymaking process as a legislative and state agency staff member and private sector government affairs professional. She has been in the shoes of virtually everyone involved. Jodi has served as chief of staff to the Assembly Majority Leader and Assembly Speaker and as a member of the Department of Administration executive staff and the Governor’s legal staff, staffed the budget-writing Joint Finance Committee and represented private business and a statewide trade association.
No matter how appealing the issue or persuasive the argument, Jodi understands that winning strategies depend on an understanding of constantly changing legislative dynamics and on professional relationships and friendships established over time. When someone throws a wrench into a painstakingly developed plan, the ability to adjust quickly and get back on track is crucial. Jodi has spent years developing the knowledge and skills to emerge from those situations a winner for her clients.
She has expertise in planning and effectively implementing every aspect of a public policy advocacy agenda, from researching to lobbying and from public relations to grassroots strategies. With her experience, public policy knowledge, relationships and reputation, Jodi can position her clients and deliver winning results with the legislature and state agencies.
- Participation in a rulemaking docket, including assistance with the drafting and submission of comments and consultation with commission staff during the administrative rulemaking process on behalf of a Wisconsin investor-owned utility.
- Participation in a docket investigating the implementation of legislation revamping energy conservation and low-income bill payment assistance programs, including managing the drafting and submission of proposed structure, design and funding for new programs on behalf of a Wisconsin investor-owned utility.
- Developing and passing laws related to all aspects of state government including tax, economic development, health care and education policy.
- Assisting in the development of the Governor’s Executive Budget, Governor’s Capital Budget and Budget Conference Committee Reports.
- Modifying statutes and administrative rules related to energy infrastructure and participating in dockets at the Public Service Commission.
- Developing a process for gubernatorial review of administrative rules as required by a 2011 law.
- Advising lawmakers on ethics, elections and campaign finance laws.
- Collaborating with state agencies on program and policy changes.