Jon is a business lawyer practicing in the areas of business and corporate law as well as mergers and acquisitions. He brings a unique and practical perspective to representing closely-held businesses and their owners, from financing and formation through operation and development.
He has served as outside general counsel to numerous manufacturing and service industry clients. As outside general counsel he is involved with reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of contractual arrangements related to the ownership and management of small businesses, as well as issues relating to employment, technology, intellectual property rights, and operations.
His experience includes forming corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, as well as guiding business owners through the many issues and delicate negotiations surrounding ownership, management and ownership succession issues.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acted as seller’s co-counsel in the sale of an international translation services business.
- Acted as buyer’s counsel for numerous small business acquisitions in the manufacturing service industries.
- Acted as seller’s counsel on the sale of a medical device parts manufacturer.
- Acted as seller’s counsel in the sale of a heating, ventilation and air conditioning sales and service business.
- Acted as buyer’s counsel for several local bars and restaurants.
Business and Corporate Law
- Represented numerous individuals and owners groups in the formation and operation of closely held businesses (corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships).
- Drafted and reviewed corporate transactional and control documents, buy-sell agreements, member control agreements, non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
- Represented companies to develop product and service agreements and arrangements, including distribution, sales, representative and independent contractor relationships.
- Acted as seller’s counsel for the sale of numerous businesses including owned real estate.
- Reviewed, negotiated and drafted lease and sublease arrangements from the tenant and Landlord perspectives.
Non-Profit and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Represented numerous non-profits in formation and operations, as well as obtaining and maintaining tax exempt status.
- Represented a local contracting company in negotiating and documenting a working capital loan that helped to keep the company open and operating and saved numerous jobs.