Jordan Lamb is an administrative and regulatory attorney and the Chair of DeWitt Ross & Stevens’ Government Relations Practice Group. Her law practice is enhanced by her love of all things written and her strong public speaking skills. Her ability to connect with others through writing and public speaking provides the platform for her regulatory practice, which is focused on government relations and environmental law.
Jordan is highly skilled at legislative planning, analysis and drafting for businesses, trade associations and industry groups. Her work on administrative and regulatory matters includes responding to agency investigations and enforcement actions, as well as the in depth review of and challenge to agency actions.
Her particular expertise in environmental regulation and Wisconsin water law is an asset to our Wisconsin agriculture and business clients, as they navigate the interplay between state and federal regulations and running a successful business.
Jordan assists clients with making critical connections between business and Wisconsin state government. Her clients are from diverse industries including agriculture, bioscience, insurance and business. A few of the clients she currently represents include:
Jordan was intimately involved with the creation and implementation of the Great Lakes Compact in Wisconsin on behalf of Wisconsin agriculture. The Compact governs water use and water management in Wisconsin and across the 8-state Great Lakes region and is implemented in Wisconsin through a series of statutes and administrative rules.
She has extensive knowledge of the Clean Water Act (CWA) which establishes the basic structure for regulating discharges of pollutants into U.S. waters and regulating quality standards for surface waters and has advised countless clients in this area.
Jordan has assisted clients who have projects in or adjacent to a body of water or wetland to acquire the appropriate permits from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) and U.S. Army Corp of Engineers. She has expertise related to high capacity well and groundwater regulation in Wisconsin.
Articles & Presentations
- "Pork Producers Hear of Issues," Wisconsin State Farmer, February 4, 2015
- "Lobbyist Discusses Upcoming Issues for Legislative Session," Wisconsin Ag Connection, January 30, 2015
- "Wisconsin' Wetland Reform Act," Wisconsin Lawyer, Vol. 86, No. 1, February 2013.
- "Wisconsin Regulatory Reform - 2013," DeWitt Ross & Stevens S.C., co-authored with Cari Anne Renlund, January 28, 2013.
- "Special Drought Resource Edition," Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin Capitol Link, August 3, 2012.
- "WI Supreme Court Says Livestock Siting Law Preempts Stricter Local Regulations," Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin Capitol Link, July 13, 2012.
- "Wisconsin DNR Proposes New Impaired Waters List for Phosphorus," Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin Capitol Link, May 4, 2012.
- "Summary of the 2011-12 Legislative Session," Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin Capitol Link, March 30, 2012.
- "Pending Agriculture Legislation," Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin Capitol Link, January 28, 2012.
- "Regulation of Farm Air Emissions Hangs in Balance," Agri-View, July 7, 2011.
- "Groundwater Takes Center Stage at Close of Legislative Session," The Badger Common'Tater, Vol. 62, No. 4, April 2010.
- "Are You In Compliance with the New Consumer Product Safety Law?" DeWitt Ross & Stevens, April 2009.
- "Wisconsin Law Prohibits Unlimited Contracts for Court Reporting Services," Wisconsin Lawyer, Vol. 81, No. 9, September 2008.