Recognized by Madison Magazine as one of the top corporate counsel, tax and trust/estate planning lawyers in Dane County, Dick has more than 40 years of experience advising clients in business, taxation and estate planning matters. He values his client relationships and is committed to delivering the highest quality legal service, while solving problems with a creative and time-effective approach.
Business planning, negotiation of commercial transactions, mergers, acquisitions and purchase or sale of businesses – including business pricing and valuation - are among his areas of expertise. Additionally, he works with clients on ownership succession planning for closely held businesses and also with business reorganizations.
Dick also advises individual clients on matters related to income, estate and gift taxation, estate planning, trusts and probate, tax audits and tax litigation, as well as marital property agreements.
He is a well-known teacher, speaker, and expert witness on matters related to professional malpractice cases involving Wisconsin lawyers and Wisconsin Certified Public Accountants.
Dick advises owners, CEO’s, CFO’s, and other business leaders from a wide range of industries. He also works with individual clients from all walks of life to assist with trust, estate and taxation matters.
Articles and Presentations
Throughout his career, Dick has frequently lectured at a variety of institutions to include:
- The University of Wisconsin School of Business – Topics on Federal Income Tax
- The University of Wisconsin Extension – Topics on Tax, Estate and Financial Planning
- The State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Tax School – Topics on Tax
- The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee – CPA Review Course
- University of Wisconsin Management Institute – Topic on Valuation of Closely Held Businesses
- Wisconsin Institute of CPAs – Tax appeals of corporate liquidations