Robert focuses his practice on a wide range of litigation matters, representing major publicly owned corporations, insurance companies, businesses, individuals, and professionals such as physicians, accountants, and brokers in matters unique to their professions.
Before entering the legal field, he was a successful teacher. He continues to teach civil procedure as an adjunct faculty member of the University of Wisconsin Law School. In an effort to help others, it is important to
Robert to give back and he serves on numerous committees for professional and civic groups.
He is a member of the litigation, appellate, labor and employment, and health care sections of the Wisconsin Bar Association, and the litigation, labor, tort and insurance law, and health care section of the American Bar Association.
- Trial and appellate court litigation to establish insurance coverage.
- Defense of employers in proceedings alleging wrongful termination, discrimination, and sexual harassment before arbitrators, the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division, and the EEOC, and in federal court.
- Representation of individual physicians and medical staff to establish and enforce rights under hospital medical staff by-laws.
- Litigation regarding restrictive covenants contained in employment contracts.
- Challenges to excessive tax assessments on large commercial properties.
- Litigation and resolution of disputes among shareholders of corporations.
- Litigation and resolution of disputes under the Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law.
- Litigation of disputes under the Wisconsin Unfair Sales Act and other trade regulations.
- Litigation and resolution of disputes involving school districts and other educational institutions.
- Litigation and resolution of contractual issues involving physicians, dentists, and other health care providers.
- Litigation of will contests.