Ryan is the Co-Chair of the Health Care Practice Group at DeWitt. He specializes in advising health industry clients in health law, regulatory compliance and risk management, legislative affairs, and insurance and ERISA litigation.
Ryan has served as the Vice President of Compliance for a national provider organization assisting with government program compliance, as well as day-to-day operational, clinical and regulatory issues. He has also acted as Interim Chief Privacy Officer for a national provider. Ryan assisted one of the nation's first rural, virtual ACOs in becoming operational, including developing and implementing its integrated compliance program for data sharing. He is also the General Counsel for the nation's largest state risk pool for medically uninsurable individuals and assisting with its regulatory "wind-down" in compliance with the Affordable Care Act. Ryan also has extensive experience representing health care professionals in licensing and regulatory proceedings.
Before attending law school, Ryan was a public policy analyst and lobbyist for a national nonprofit association specializing in state and federal health initiatives.
Clients of all sizes in the health care arena turn to Ryan for legal advice.
- Risk-Management Counsel for more than 100 long-term care facilities in the Upper Midwest
- General Counsel for the nation's largest state health insurance high-risk pool
- Interim Chief Privacy Officer for a large, national provider
- Counsel for a 12-county joint powers organization forming one of the first rural ACOs in the nation
- Litigation Counsel for long-term disability and life insurance claims for a large, international insurance company
- Counsel for licensed professionals facing discipline from state licensure boards
Articles & Presentations
- "Advocating for an Annual Compliance Program Review," Compliance Today Magazine, Health Care Compliance Association, January 2017