Timothy is nationally-known for his experience in commercial lending and lending related litigation, fraud litigation, mortgage foreclosure, debtor-creditor remedies, bankruptcy, work-out and related matters. In addition, he works extensively in corporate finance matters, small business and franchise transfers, and taxation problems and fraud issues arising out of liquidations. Tim serves as general counsel to several financial institutions and national corporations operating in the commercial and consumer credit arena and has been on the Board of Directors of a regional national bank since 1979.
- As a Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 Trustee, Tim has administered hundreds of millions of dollars in assets in Field Financial Corporation and Max Wayne Field, Sun Country Airlines, Health Risk Management, Electric Vehicle Corp., SpectraScience, Calstar, Inc., ComData, Racing Services, Inc., K-Tel International, USA, Inc., Canterbury Inn/Scottland Hotels, BioConX, Excelsior Park, Investment Dynamics Corporation and hundreds of other cases. These cases included forensic investigation and substantial litigation over bankruptcy, UCC, fraudulent transfers, corporate bankruptcy taxation and other issues.
- As counsel for Debtors, institutional creditors, shareholders or franchisors he has litigated and negotiated financial restructuring in Gedney Foods, Budget Power, Moeller Ranches, Hyman Freightways, Stockwalk, Inc. and hundreds of other cases.
- He represented Great American Insurance in mass tort bankruptcy litigation and a number
of banks in golf course foreclosure and workouts.
Commercial Litigation/ Lending
- Tim has represented lead lenders and participating lenders in claims exceeding $100 million arising out of commercial loans and subprime consumer credit in several states.
- He has represented agricultural lenders in numerous states in loan workouts.
- His experience includes handling millions of dollars of commercial and participation loan documentation in several states as lender’s counsel.
Law Firm Management
- Chief Manager (Managing Partner) of the Minneapolis entity of Mackall, Crounse & Moore for ten years prior to its merger with DeWitt Ross & Stevens.
He serves as a frequent lecturer at national and regional seminars on bankruptcy at the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, and other related matters. He has authored articles in law reviews and other periodicals and has served as a contributing editor to the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal.
Awards & Recognitions
"Super Lawyer" - in Minnesota Law & Politics