Wes is a government affairs, employment, and litigation attorney in DeWitt’s Madison office. Wes represents businesses, trade associations, and non-profits in their dealings with state and local government in Wisconsin. When disputes arise, Wes vigorously advocates for his clients’ interests in court and administrative hearings.
Wes has experience drafting legislation and administrative rules as a DeWitt attorney, and as a former legislative assistant in the Wisconsin Senate President’s office. As a government affairs attorney, Wes frequently helps clients navigate Wisconsin’s complex legislative and administrative rulemaking processes and public procurement system. Wes also advises clients on compliance matters related to Wisconsin's campaign finance and lobbying regulations.
Prior to joining DeWitt, Wes served as a judicial law clerk in the civil division of the Milwaukee County Circuit Court and as the Executive Articles Editor of the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal.
- Represented a national trade association in a rulemaking proceeding before the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Advised numerous clients on compliance with Wisconsin's campaign finance regulations
- Advised a client on compliance with the Resource Conversation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Helped obtain a seven-figure judgment for a client in a case decided by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Obtained a successful settlement for a minority member of a limited liability company
- Successfully defended an insurance company against age discrimination and retaliation claims in an administrative proceeding
Articles and Presentations